Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge - Aqua Lily

Finally tried one of my RBL's! Aqua Lily from the fan collection. It's a gorgeous turquoise w. subtle pink shimmer. I did not find that it was invisible, but definitely a hidden shimmer. In the sun I had no problems seeing it. In dim light I could still see it but it appeared more like a pretty pink sheen, if that makes sense. Loved it in all lighting though :) Worth $20? Idk, I feel I have similar shades (Jesse's Girl Mermaid's Lagoon & ChG Custom Kicks come to mind.. neither are dupes though!) but I am happy I got this. The formula & wear are very nice.  *It IS coming back I've read!*


3 coats






PS. Thoughts on the new collection? I'm surprised to see a pretty cold response to it in general. I really like it.. though with the price hike (why?) & outrageous shipping I'm still debating if I will order any. 


17 comments:

  1. This is a lovely color; I just don't think I can justify spending that much on a polish, especially when the lady who runs the RBL Facebook/blog is such a snob.... that really turns me off from the whole brand :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ji? She's pretty wild... says some rude sounding things so I can understand that! Personally I feel like she has good intentions and has a poor filter / poor communication skills lol

      Delete
  2. I love love love this one!!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like Four Audrey, darker with a twist. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the color, but can't handle the price or the drama really. i'm in love with the dark green in the new collection, so i MIGHT have to fork over the $20, but i'm gonna wait on that for a little haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beauuuutiful! miss youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. RBL is my favorite brand. I bought all 7 of the new collection. Her polish formula is perfection. For me, its worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jealous!! i really love it all. think i will just have to settle for ghost ranch & santa fe road!

      Delete
  8. BTW, this one's goin for $60 on eBay. So you really were smart to buy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're pics of Aqua Lily are beautiful! I'm a sucker for turquoise and love both of the others that you mentioned above, but definitely wanted one in the RBL brand. I had fun making it with Ji and am still pinching myself how fast it sold out and that it's coming back :) thanks for the honest review! -KDK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and wow, you are the person to thank for Aqua Lily? -bows- Glad to hear it was a good experience.. I did read that infamous blog post!! lol

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete